Welcome to the latest and greatest beach camp in Newport Beach. California Bodyboarders is all about having fun through activities such as boogie boarding, beach games, and some introductory surfing skills. We share our passion of the ocean with campers by teaching them the importance of ocean knowledge and safety. Our amazing location allows us to walk down to the tide pools on a weekly basis and run our camp in an extremely safe environment. Corona Del Mar State Beach is blackball regulated meaning there are no surfboards allowed in the water during the hours of our camp. This creates the most safe environment for us to enjoy our time playing in the waves.
A typical day of camp will begin with sign in and a fun beach game to get our campers moving and ready to start the day. Once the majority of our campers have arrived we will get together and go over a few key topics such as the ocean conditions for the day, coaching tips, and camp rules. After getting our wetsuits, camp jerseys, and sunscreen on we have water/beach time until lunch. Once lunch is over we will do other activities on the beach before getting back in the water for our second session.
- Easy pickup and drop off for parents in the beach parking lot on Breakers Drive
- Weekly tide pool visits and beach cleanups
- All boards, wetsuits, camp jerseys, sunscreen, and shade will be provided
- Bring a backpack with a lunch, water, towel, and arrive in a bathing suit
- Sunscreen application multiple times a day, but hats are still recommended
- A $10 cash or check material fee is payable to the instructor on the first day of camp (separate from registration fee, this helps maintain nice new gear for our campers to enjoy)
- Safe environment with no hard board surfing allowed near us